Currently Tom is the Councillor for the Marshfield Ward, Newport.
Tom is married to Pat and they have five children, ten grand children and two great grand children. They live in the Marshfield Ward and Tom has been one of the Marshfield Ward Councillors since his election in 2008.
During his long career and before local politics, Tom was a fireman on the railway - working on the foot-plate of steam locomotives, something which today is seeing a great historical revival with the restoration of engines such as 'The Flying Scotsman' that toured the UK in 2016. Between 1969 and 2000 Tom was also a warehouse man in Allied Steel & Wire in Cardiff, where he also had a role in the electric arc furnace. Tom worked shifts throughout his career - so understands everything there is to know about 'hard working people'.
- • Community & Planning Scrutiny Panel - Newport City Council.
- • Shadow Careers Champion.
- • Member of Wentlooge Community Council.
- • Councillor of the Marshfield Ward - Newport City Council 2008 - 2017.
- • Helping residents deal with Social issues.
- • Focus points on fly-tipping, fly-grazing and the tightening of local byelaws to allow more effective enforcement to problems that affect many residents.
- • Tom is always a strong supporter of creating new jobs for people across the city.
Please get in touch with Tom via our secure Contact page.