Newport Conservatives have launched their Local Government manifesto at the Tredegar Constitutional Club – aiming to deliver a ‘Newport that works for everyone’.
At the launch, leader of the Conservative Group on Newport City Council, Matthew Evans, said:
“We are fielding a record number of candidates in every ward across the city, of all ages and from all walks of life. “We have a proud record of achievement when we lead a coalition between 2008-12 but sadly our city has gone backwards under the current Labour regime. “Our manifesto for change is not a giant wish list but affordable and achievable pledges as want to deliver tangible improvements for local residents and our city. “We want to see Newport succeed and fulfil its potential and are confident as the second largest party of making gains across the city. “For far too long Labour have taken the residents for granted, blaming everyone but themselves – it’s time to deliver a Newport that works for everyone.”
Leader of the Welsh Conservatives Andrew RT Davies, who also attended the launch, said:
“Under Labour, Newport Council has turned its back on local residents and this centralising approach does very little to improve the lives of hardworking people in the city. “Councils play a hugely important role in shaping the vital public services in communities across the country, but they must be accountable and open to the people they serve. “We want to see policies developed locally and decisions taken as close as possible to you and your community – and Newport Conservatives are pledging to do just that. “Your vote on May 4th matters more than ever and a vote for the Welsh Conservatives will mean high quality public services and local decision-making for the good of people in Newport.”
Newport Conservatives pledges to deliver a better future for the city and its residents, they pledge to:
- • We would provide better value for money for Council tax payers and not implement any maximum increase seen under Labour.
- • We would reintroduce the 2 hours FREE Parking in Council run car parks which has been stopped by Labour.
- • We want to ensure there is additional support for our rural and semi- rural areas which are often neglected.
- • We would prioritise and protect the elderly and most vulnerable in our society.
- • We need to ensure young people have the best start in life through education employment and apprenticeships.
- • We are tired of seeing fly tipping, litter louts and dog fouling going unpunished, and would implement tougher action to prosecute the worst offenders and re-establish pride in our communities.
- • We want to encourage businesses to relocate to and expand in Newport, and would offer start up grants in the city centre to support our traders.
Newport Conservatives would love to hear your views about the city, and understand what you think of our wider strategy to regenerate the rest of Newport if we are elected to run Newport City Council? We absolutely promise to listen and react to your concerns. Why not complete our secure and easy to understand Online Survey?
Newport Conservatives are: Local | Focused | Effective
Images Copyright © 2017 Dezines Internet Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved.